As appreciators of great food, but avoiders of any serious food preparation, it truly shines a light on our souls when we discover a recipe that not only tastes like the summers of our youth, but is relatively easy to make. Not to mention quick to make, because simply reading this recipe for these pavlova smoothie bowls had us screaming ‘get in my belly’ between bought of involuntary salivation.
“These are a festive treat inspired by one of my absolute fave desserts,” says chef, recipe creator and our favourite human on the planet right now, Lara De Bruyne.
“Perfect for the summer holiday season, healthy enough for breakfast, but tasty enough for dessert. It’s thick, vegan and extra creamy, specifically due to the addition of Califia Farms Almond Milk.”
“So easy and quick to make it’s ready in just 5 minutes – you only have to throw a couple ingredients into the blender, decorate and let the magic happen.”
Serves 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes
– 2 frozen bananas
– 1 cup ice cubes
– 1/4 cup Califia Farms Vanilla Almond milk
– 1 cup frozen pineapple
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon maca powder
– 1 1/2 tbsp stevia
– Vegan Mini Meringues
– Fresh Strawberries + Raspberries + Blueberries
– Passionfruit Pulp
– Blend smoothie bowl ingredients together until just combined and a creamy, thick and smooth consistency is formed.
– Add and smooth out into your two serving bowls.
– Top with vegan mini meringues, fresh strawberries + raspberries + blueberries and drizzle over passionfruit pulp and enjoy!
Lara De Bruyne is a recipe creator, food stylist, photographer and writer for lalasplate.com. She has a huge passion for being creative in the kitchen and making delicious tasty food, health, fitness and living a balanced lifestyle. Follow her Instagram here: @lalasplate